Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Grey Skies Re-Launch FAQ

Who are you, and why should I read your blog?

I’m Meredith. You should read my blog because I am teh awesome and you might learn a thing or two about life, love, movies, wine…and yourself.


Is this a “Mommy Blog?”

No. I am a mom, and this is my blog, but it’s about more than just the adorableness of my son. It’s also about my writing career, movies that I like, yoga I do, wine I drink, and people who annoy me.


Is that your natural hair color?

No.


What is your natural hair color?

I don’t really remember anymore, but I think it’s the same color my son has now.


What do you write, other than Grey Skies?

I do a budget wine review over at Moms Who Need Wine, quasi-keep up with a blog at The Huffington Post, and, like all good Park Slopers, I have a work-in-progress. It’s a historical urban fantasy novel currently being revised to within an inch of its life.


Why don’t you blog regularly at The Huffington Post anymore?

Long story short, let’s just say that I don’t get paid for those, and leave it at that.


What is Park Slope?

The neighborhood I call home. It’s part of Brooklyn, which is one of the five fine boroughs of the great city of New York. If Joey Ramone married some organic, locally grown granola and they had a baby, and that baby was a neighborhood, it would be Park Slope.


What else do I need to know to further my enjoyment of your wonderful blog?

Here are some of the supporting characters you’ll see around Grey Skies:


The Husband – my husband of 5 years, attorney extraordinaire, super hottie


The Juban Princeling – our 2 1/2-year old half-Cuban, half-Jewish son (and no, I did not make up the word "Juban")


Mr. Funny – my brother, government drone by day, hilarious stand-up comic by night


Daria – his wife, the Lois Lane of weekly local magazines, super-feminist


Gilligan – my brother-in-law, fellow writer, sailor, book snob


The Professor – his boo, currently a grad student out in teh Los Angeles


Ronnie – my friend in the nabe, former teacher, fellow mom in the trenches, and the most put-together person I know


NoLa – another neighborhood pal, fellow geek, impossibly creative, and possibly the retroactive inspiration for all of Tennessee Williams’ plays


The Hotties – a group of 7 women who’ve kept me sane for the past 5 years


Beatrix Potter – one of the Hotties, whose daughter is kind of my son’s boo


Jewtalian - my Jewish friend native of New Jersey, who moved to Italy to be with her Italian husband and raise a little Jewtalian baby


Ex-Pat - my friend native of Detroit, who married a Canuk and moved to Canada to be with him and raise a little McFrog baby


Tia - my BFF of 20+ years, still lives in Miami, math nerd


Mrs. Snape - my Harry Potter Wife


Patsy - my gay husband


Are any of those their real names?

No.


Will you discuss politics here?

Sometimes, when it’s something I feel is really important and not just fear-mongering hysteria.


So, what will you discuss?

Whatever I’m thinking Real Deep Thoughts about at the moment: movies, wine, yoga, Buddhism, cows, my kid, the writing process, New York, the Yankees…whatever. Hopefully I’ll do it with a dash of humor and some wit, and it will be entertaining. Stick around. I might actually say something clever.

1 comment:

All comments not posted through OpenID or Google need to be signed, or they will be deleted.